WILD Nebraska is a program partnership between the Lower Platte South Natural Resources District (LPSNRD) and the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission (NG&PC) to improve wildlife habitat. The program enables cooperators to re-establish and enhance wildlife habitats on private lands through the use of cost-share. The WILD Nebraska Program is divided into grasslands, wetlands, woodlands and general activities.
Procedure to participate in this program:
1. Cooperator obtains program and activities information from LPSNRD or the Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
2. Cooperator submits an application form to the NRD.
3. Representatives from the NRD and NG&PC visit the site with the cooperator and prepare a management or development plan for the wildlife habitat activities.
4. Cooperator contract is prepared, reviewed and signed.
5. Cooperator then installs the habitat activities as stated in the plan.
6. Contract site is inspected after each activity is performed and is paid upon project completion. Transition payments will be paid at the end of each performance year after a successful compliance inspection.